Sunday, October 30, 2011

10/30/2011

Your Ad Here 2nd blog post. Winter is coming! 3 inches of snow last night. A record snowfall for this area. I rushed around yesterday winterizing the Winnebago. It should be all set now.

I must have the most understanding partner in the universe?! I told him about my desire to travel west in the RV this winter and he's agreed that I shoud go for it.

My soulmate


So, if all goes as planned, I'll be packing up our Australian Cattle dog "Tigger" & heading from NY to California sometime this winter!

I haven't gone on an extended trip like this since the 1980's when I travelled from Maine to Alaska on my old 1982 Honda CM450 motorcycle. I rushed that trip a little and learned from that. It was a life changing trip. 35 days total... 11 days up, 9 days in Alaska and 15 days on the return trip (a couple mechanical issues slowed me down).

I hope this trip will be as exciting as the Alaska voyage. Being a couple decades older should see me with more patience and able to take my sweet time seeing things that 20 years ago, I might not have noticed.

Herman will likely take a week or two of vacation time (from his job as a tax analyst) and fly out to meet me somewhere in Arizona or California. Neither of us have ever been to the warmer climates in the western USA. This should be awesome!

I plan to slowly make my way across this big country... posting some interesting pictures and stories from the backroads of America.


Me enjoying a game of pinball in Lake George NY. One of my favorite hobbies.


3 comments:

  1. Hey Don, welcome to the blogging world! I'm at: jdlamb1.blogspot.com as you make your way west, the welcome mat is out for you at exit 62 off I-10 in western New Mexico! Can hook you up with a full hookup pull thru RV site, where you can dump your tanks, fuel up, and chow down at our DQ!

    By the way, I found you thru your post to Glenn at tosimplify.net drop me a line if you think you'll be stopping by!

    John aka (Gatorep)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How about a pic of Tigger ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gatorep thank you. I will look you up if I travel through that area. I love reading Glenns SIMPLIFY blog. That guy has some great ideas and articulates them well.

    Sassy, I made a new posting with pictures of Tigger. thanks for the suggestion. I'm sure you'll be seeing more of him in future blog topics.

    ReplyDelete